Sunday, February 8, 2009

So So Stuck

I hate writing papers. I love thinking and talking and brainstorming and musing and being all hypothetical. But when time for talk is up... I get stuck.

My current status: Cornell, basement, private room, Robin Thicke via Estelle radio, bland piece of gum, and a paragraph and an outline into a 3-5 page paper.

I know, I know. By this point in time, that is 4th semester at Swarthmore College, I should be able to pop that out. And I can. And I will. But now, I am stuck in the introduction-- which is always the longest part in my writing process.

What else can I talk about while I procrastinate, I mean, wait for that epiphany? Oh. Today, in Sharples, I realized that whenever I think to myself (or say out loud) that I am confused, what I really think/mean is that the opposite party is stupid, or lacking in Something.

Why such the bold statement? I usually have a handle on my environment. I mean I tend to zone out sometimes... but, shit. Who doesn't? And when I do lose touch a little bit, it is usually in the comfort and company of my closest friends. Not when I am interacting with complete strangers, as so many of my Swattie peers seem to love to do.

See, this is where the stupid comes in. I honestly wonder how some people got into Swarthmore without the mastery of some basic communication skills. I mean, you need those, right? To learn? Because learning is a dynamic exchange, right? That requires communication.... right?

No comments:

Post a Comment