Sunday, February 8, 2009

So So Not Looking Forward To Waking Up

Well, of course! I want to see the next day. Stop being dramatic. Gosh.

Here's the thing. I hope that I wake up to see another day. That is without a question. But the content of the day. That is what gets me.

Let me break it down to the non-Swatties/ Swatties living in an alternate Swat world. Though I will lay my head down to a hopefully restful sleep, when I rise, so do the to do lists, so do the readings, so do the papers. So does study abroad, so does the sophomore plan, so does the amount of work I did not do, so does the fact that I should be asleep right now.

This is what Swatties forget in all their pursuits to have a good time. This is why a social life is so crucial to sanity here. It's tied to all that other heavy shit that I just mentioned. Your social life needs to be on point. Think about it as the extra credit that will help you better grade. Because without it, you are not as good as you know you can be (mentally, academically, physically... that shit effects everything).

And back to the purpose of this blog. Back to being so so serious. If you are an awkward ass Swattie, completely devoid of any social skills what so ever. This is why you annoy me. That sad excuse for human interaction does count as a part of a social life. And they way you handled any situation slowly ruins it (Seriously,... that was a major stress of mine freshman year).

I do not know if you are just really fucking awkward, or that your usual social offness peaks when you are in the presence of an unapologetic, dark-skinned, fucking tall ass, black womyn that is not your maid. Whichever it is, GET OVER IT. I mean, seriously. If you can try to be post-racial than you can certainly attempt post-awkward.

No comments:

Post a Comment